Gui Pi Wan is an important herbal formula in traditional Chinese medicine for replenishing the blood and Qi due to weak heart and spleen functions. Today, the herbal remedy is commonly used by Chinese doctors for insomnia, amnesia, palpitation, tiredness, and poor appetite often experienced by hard-working professionals and students. It is also known for use in anemia.
What does it do?
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the heart controls the blood and stores Shen (the Spirit), the spleen absorbs the nutrients we eat and transport them to the blood. When the heart function is weak, one may develop anemia, palpitation, and pale face; one may also have difficulty to fall into sleep, be easy to forget things. When the spleen function is weak, digestion is impaired, the blood is not well nourished and may not be hold well in the blood vessels, which may increase the tendency of bleeding.
Gui Pi Wan (Pian) strengthens the spleen and the heart, nourishes blood and Qi, calms the mind. How it acts in modern biochemical terms is not yet understood. Gui Pi Wan has been indicated in China Pharmacopoeia for use in heart and spleen deficiency, palpitation, short of breath, insomnia, amnesia, dreamness, dizziness, bodily tiredness, and poor appetite.
Help the body to protect itself from:
- Insomnia, amnesia and other complaints due to overwork or study. You are a professional or a college student, you are overwhelmed by your work, you start to feel hard to fall into sleep, hard to remember what you just learn, hard to concentrate, easy to wakeup at night, you feel tired most of the time, and have no appetite. In a clinical study involving 100 such cases, improvement was observed in 91 cases after use of Gui Pi Tang.
- Platelet reduction (Purpura)
- Uterine functional bleeding.
Poria，Rhizoma Atractylodis Macaocephalae，Semen Ziziphi Spinosae，Radix Astragali，Radix Codonopsis，Arillus Longan，Fructus Jujubae，Radix Angelicae Sinensis，Radix Polygalae，Radix Glycyrrhizae，Rhizoma Zingiberis Recens，Radix Aucklandiae
200 pills per bottle
8 pills/time, 3 time daily
Gui Pi Wan (Pian) has been safely used with few adverse effects when used as directed.
1. Use it under the direction of a herbalist if you are pregnant, child, have diabetes, or high blood pressure.
2. Not suitable for use if you have a fever.
3. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you are taking other medicines.
4. Better to use before meal.
5. Better to avoid oily food like French fries.
6. If any adverse symptom occurs, discontinue use.
7. Keep out of reach of children.
Made in China