Classical formula to purge heat from the liver and gallbladder, and damp-heat from the three burners.
Acute inflammatory lesions (e.g. conjunctivitis, otitis media, nasal furuncle, furuncle in the external auditory canal, acute hepatitis, acute cholecystitis, herpes zoster,herpes simplex, vaginitis, vulvitis, leukorrhea, orchitis, urinary tract infection, pelvic inflammatory disease), hypertension, migrane headaches, intercostal neuralgia, Meniere's disease.
Drains excess Fire from the Liver and the Gallbladder, clears Damp- Heat from the tripple Jiao.
- Replenishes liver and kidney yin, nourishes liver blood, sedates liver fire and wind, benefits the eyes.
- Adjusted to benefit vision problems affected by liver heat and internal wind, including dry eyes, red and itchy eyes, poor eyesight, photo-phobia, excessive tearing, and such eye diseases as glaucoma and cataract.
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
1. LIVER AND GALLBLADDER EXCESS FIRE
Headache, Facial flushing, Bitter taste in the mouth, Conjunctival congestion, Hypochondrial and/or chest pain, Ears swollen and painful, Vomiting, Hard, dry stools, Red tongue with a yellow coat, Wiry, rapid and forceful pulse
2. DAMP-HEAT IN THE LOWER JIAO
Dysuria, Urine is dark or cloudy, Inflammation and itching of the external genitalia (e.g. pruritis vulvae, pruritis ani, scrotal pruritis) Vaginal discharge (yellow and malodorous), Fever, Red tongue with a yellow greasy coat, Rapid pulse that is also wiry or slippery
- Genitana scabra ( root )
- Bupleurum (root)
- Asian water plantain (rhizome)
- Rehmannia (cured root tuber)
- Chinese skullcap (root )
- Dong quai (root)
- Plantain (root)
- Tangerine (dried rind of ripe fruit)
- Gardenia (fruit)
6 gram each sachet, One packet of 12 sachets
3-6 grams/time, 2 times/day, half to one hour away from food, take with warm water.
Course of treatment: 1-2 weeks
Not for long term use.
ACTIONS OF THE MAIN HERBS
Gentiana root is used orally in formulas to treat liver and gallbladder disorders, specifically acute inflammation and acute infections. It has been shown to have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, diuretic and hepatoprotective actions.
Scutellaria root is used orally in formulas to treat a variety of acute inflammations and acute infections, particularly in the gastrointestinal, urinary and respiratory systems. It has been shown to have antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antiallergic and diuretic actions.
CAUTIONS & CONTRAINDICATIONS
- Avoid coffee, deep fried foods, fatty food, alcohol.
- Caution for those on anti-coagulant medications (i.e. Heparin, warfarin or aspirin).
- Caution with patients on: diuretics, non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), cardiotonic glycosides, antiarrhythmic drugs, laxatives.
Acute Gout Attack