This herbal formula is a highly regarded ancient Chinese herbal formula comprising astragali’s and ginseng. Today, it is widely used to replenish Qi of the body and to promote physical strength. In traditional Chinese medicine, Qi is the principle of vital energy.
The central Qi provides the vital energy of the body including the internal organs and physical activities. When Qi is weak, the organs like stomach, uterus, and rectum fail to support themselves and thus droop; the body loses the physical strength and shows fatigue, tiredness, weakness, laziness of speech.
Qi weakness can occur with age, stress, overwork and chronic illnesses etc.
- replenishing central Qi
- improving the spleen energy
- reducing fatigue and lack of physical strength
- elevating the prolapse of internal organs such as rectum prolapse, uterus prolapse, and stomach prolapse.
Modern biomedical studies have found many beneficial actions of the herbal formula that support its traditional use. This herbal formula can increase the activity of natural killer cells in the blood and increase the serum level of interferon-gamma (IFN-g), which are crucial in our body's defense against pathogens, and thus this herbal formula enhances the immune function and protects the body from infections of bacteria and virus and from immmuno suppression due to radiotherapy, chemotherapy, or stress in animal and human2-5. In controlled human trials, this herbal formula can significantly improve the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome after 8 to 12 weeks of administration, including the intensity and frequency of fatigue occurrence. When this herbal formula is applied as adjuvant therapy of cancer patients before and after chemotherapy and surgery, the patients showed improved fatigue and tiredness, improved appetite and diarrhea, better spirit and recovery compared to the controls.
Radix Astragali (Astragalus), Radix Codonopsis, Radix Angelicae Sinensis, Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae, Rericarpium Citri Reticulate, Rhizoma Cimicifugae, Radix Bupleuri, Radix Glycyrrhizae (licorice), Rhizoma Zingiberis Recens (ginger), Fructus Ju jubae
200 pills per bottle
8 pills each time, 3 times daily.
As the herbal formula is a mild tonic and acts slowly, results may only be noticeable after 1 month. It is suggested to take 4-6 bottles in full dose as the first regimen. The dose may then be reduced.
This herbal formula has been safely used by millions of people with few adverse effects when taken as directed.
1. Do not use it if you are taking cold medicines.
2. Do not use it if you have hypertension.
3. Consult your herbalist or physician before use if you are taking other medicines.
4. If any adverse symptom occurs like headache and dizziness, discontinue use.
5. Keep out of reach of children.
1. China Pharmacopoeia 2000.
2. Kido T, Mori K, Daikuhara H, Tsuchiya H, Ishige A, Sasaki H. The protective effect of hochu-ekki-to (TJ-41), a Japanese herbal medicine, against HSV-1 infection in mitomycin C-treated mice. Anticancer Res. 2000 Nov-Dec;20(6A):4109-13.
3.Kuroiwa A, Liou S, Yan H, Eshita A, Naitoh S, Nagayama A. Effect of a traditional Japanese herbal medicine, Hochu-ekki-to (Bu-Zhong-Yi-Qi Tang), on immunity in elderly persons. Int Immunopharmacol. 2004 Feb;4(2):317-24.
4. Li T, Tamada K, Abe K, Tada H, Onoe Y, Tatsugami K, Harada M, Kubo C, Nomoto K. The restoration of the antitumor T cell response from stress-induced suppression using a traditional Chinese herbal medicine Hochu-ekki-to (TJ-41:Bu-Zhong-Yi-Qi-Tang). Immunopharmacology. 1999 Jun;43(1):11-21.
5. Kim SH, Lee SE, Oh H, Kim SR, Yee ST, Yu YB, Byun MW, Jo SK. The radioprotective effects of bu-zhong-yi-qi-tang: a prescription of traditional Chinese medicine. Am J Chin Med. 2002;30(1):127-37.
Made in China